In 2012 we started a joint research program with a major food manufacturing company. Our goal was to design a Tempeh incubator that not only heated the cabinets and added moisture and controlled humidity, but also evacuated the cabinet of excessive heat and humidity, and did it precisely. What we designed was a Tempeh incubator that was so precise it had a 2 degree variance fully loaded and from start to finish produced Tempeh with 16 hours with less than a 2% reject.
MODULINE HOT HOLDING CABINETS:
Hot holding is a critical step in the restaurant industry today, without timetables, with needs that can no longer be satisfied with fast cooking and the need to have a ready supply of food, to keep warm in the right way, respecting the sanitation regulations and without losing flavour, taste, appearance and palatability. Moduline’s series of hot holding cabinets allow you to not only warm the food but control the food. Moduline’s hot holding cabinets are the most advanced hot holding cabinets on the market today, and backed by the best warranty.
MODULINE FOOD WARMERS:
Moduline’s food warmers are static food warmers that adopt a system of electronically controlled heating, given by a resistance that surrounds the outside of the cavity to ensure uniform and stable temperatures without damaging the product.
Moduline Cold Holding & Refrigerated Drawers: A crucial component to the Cook / Chill / Regeneration concept.
Safe Chilling Methods
Improper food chilling and cold-holding is a major contributor to foodborne illness. When bringing food temperatures down it is important to know that harmful bacteria grow most readily between 40°F and 140°F. This is known throughout the industry as the danger zone. The less time food spends under these temperatures, the better. Below are some ideas for chilling foods safely:
1) Utilize a blast chiller to lower food temperatures faster and more efficiently, minimizing the time that foods spend in the Danger Zone.
2) Place food in a container and set in an ice-bath, keeping the container submerged evenly to ensure consistent cooling throughout.
3) Immediately place the food in a commercial refrigerator, whose primary function is to store food at or below 40 °F.
4) Use a probe-type to accurately track temperatures as a food cools.
Once a food is chilled, cold-holding ensures that foods remain in a cold environment for an extended amount of time. This is a necessary part of food storage that simultaneously ensures food safety. Some tips to maintain safe cold-holding are as follows:
1) Maintain commercial refrigeration units at 40°F or cooler.
2) Use food storage containers to keep foods fresh in extreme temperatures.
3) Use shallow containers to allow foods to cool more evenly throughout.
Freezing foods ensures safe preservation for extended periods of time at much lower temperatures. Just about any food can be frozen, so long as commercial freezers are maintained at or below 0°F. Below are safe methods for freezing most foods:
1) Seal foods into heavy duty foil or plastic bags, freezer paper, or commercial freezer-safe containers.
2) Be aware that food thickness affects freezing time. For example, a 2 inch steak usually takes about 2 hours to freeze in a commercial freezer.
3) Consider a commercial shock freezer to lower temperatures at a much faster rate than a commercial freezer.
4) Store foods in a single layer while freezing and stack only after foods are frozen solid.
Moduline Regeneration Ovens / Steamers are the most advanced regenerations ovens / steamers on the market today. Don’t just time your food, take control of it. Recently we tested our unit against one of the most popular units on the market today. Our units came up to temperature quicker, recovered quicker, used less water and energy, and most importantly, produced far superior tasting and looking food. Not to mention our warranty was better, 3 years versus 1 year. Take a look for yourself at the advantages of Moduline Regeneration Ovens / Steamers.
Moduline Cook & Hold Ovens:
What started with superior engineering to provide the most efficient, precise, advanced Cook & Hold Oven on the market today, ended also providing the best tasting, nutrient rich, aromatic, picturesque foods.
Moduline Cook & Hold Ovens prove sustainability through superior engineering. The smile on your customers faces prove you made the correct choice. The extra profits you receive by our efficiency put a smile on your face.